2024 packaging recycling targets legislation published – 1 December 2023

Dec 1, 2023

The packaging waste recycling targets for England and Wales have been published in legislation that went through Parliament on 22nd November. In line with the targets already published in Northern Ireland and Scotland, all material targets remain the same as in 2023 other than wood that rises from 35% to 42%. There is also an increase in the overall recycling target from 77% to 80%.